Friday, June 21, 2013

Glitzy Turquoise Stone Nails.

During my hiatus I saw a lot of water spotted nails and knew I needed to try it, but I wasn't doing much nail art, so I've just recently gotten around to giving it a shot! I knew I wanted to create a turquoise stone design with water spotting and I loved how it turned out. 


I read a few different techniques for water spotting; some people used hand sanitizer, some hairspray, others perfume. When I first attempted it I started with hairspray but didn't have a ton of luck. I ended up switching to using body spray to create the veining for the stones, and from there everything worked out without any issues.


The turquoise color I used was BK Candy 06, the black was Wet n Wild Black Creme, and the gold is Orly Rage.


As I said I was very happy with the results, and I was very pleased to find water spotting is easy to do. I already have plenty of ideas for other manicures using this technique!

1 comment:

  1. ohh, so beautiful nail art, ohohoho my girl friend will be shock if i can do it like your technique , best thanks for u, on my head now is fully idea...
    keep art ! Turquoise Stone Type nail, mmm it will be many trial, learn and coloring...

    ReplyDelete